Cheryl’s community outreach efforts include volunteer and fundraising with the American Cancer Society, the YWCA of Middle Tennessee, Habitat for Humanity, Boy Scouts of America in Middle Tennessee, Hands on Nashville and the American Heart Association.
Cheryl’s civic engagement outreach in her community includes:
· Event organizer – 2016 Mayoral Candidate Forum, Southeast Nashville
· Event organizer – 2018 Coffee and Conversations with Candidates, Southeast Nashville
· Event organizer – 2018 District 6 School Board Candidate Forum, Southeast Nashville
· Event organizer – 2019 Southeast Nashville Community Cares
Cheryl currently serves on several non-profit boards in the following capacity:
· National Career Academies Coalition (NCAC), Board of Directors
· Homework Hotline, Board of Directors and Board President
· Adventure Science Center, Board of Trustees
· Love In A Big World, Executive Board
· Dismas House, Inc, Advisory Board
. Moves & Grooves, Inc, Advisory Board
NSBA Lifetime Achievement Award - Cheryl D Mayes- Cheryl was awarded a lifetime achievement award from the National School Boards Association in 2016
2018 Academies of Nashville Career Fair (Cheryl's interview begins at 1:19)
#SENashvlleCommunityCares News Channel 4 Report – Cheryl was interviewed by a News Channel 4 reporter highlighting the project that she started in Southeast Nashville to assist furloughed employees during the 35 day government shutdown in January, 2019
Tennessean article on Metro Council races - Tennessean article about upcoming Metro Council races. The reporter talks briefly about Cheryl's campaign.
Copyright © 2018 Mayes For Council - All Rights Reserved.